The skill of an Oral Surgeon can greatly affect your comfort during and following oral surgery. It can also affect your post-operative aesthetic result. Our Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery team includes 16 cosmetic dentists, specialists (including two Oral Surgeons) and lab ceramists in one high-end midtown Manhattan office. In addition an MD-anesthesiologist offers several options for dental sedation. Nitrous oxide laughing gas is also available. The Oral Surgeons in our New York office have a lot of experience. In addition they possess vastly greater skills than general dentists who perform oral surgery. Therefore please visit us for all your tooth NYC extraction oral surgery needs.
Our oral surgeons will know when it is appropriate to extract and place same day dental implants. We usually extract all four wisdom teeth at one time. This is more convenient for the patient. Our Oral Surgeons will also know when to take a biopsy of unknown soft tissue. This is important for long term health.
- Having four wisdom teeth taken out was really not the most fun experience of my life but I must say that I'm glad I had it performed at The Center for Special Dentistry. It's a low volume, high caring place. Good experience with a highly skilled New York oral surgeon. Expensive but worth it. -- Hugh P., NYC
- I needed tooth extractions in my upper left and several other dentists offered to place implants and crowns right away. I'm glad I met Dr. Dorfman bc he spent over an hour with me explaining all the treatment options plus the benefits and risks of each choice. I went with him and remain satisfied. -- Tony, Rye
- If you need a basic tooth extraction then this office may not for you bc it is high-priced (sorry Dr. D.!) BUT if you have a more complicated dental problem like a serious infection, dental phobia, need a dental implant and/or the tooth is in a highly visible area then visit their NYC office. -- Linda, New York NY
- When I met with Dr. Dorfman and his oral surgeon they carefully explained my treatment options and gave me the choice of all four wisdom tooth extractions at one time. Pain wasn't bad afterwards and they gave me an Rx to cover whatever pain I did have. Call this office for a great New York oral surgeon. -- Dwayne, NY
The dental specialty known as Oral Surgery includes Teeth extractions. The teeth most frequently extracted are the wisdom teeth. In addition oral surgery involves dental implant placement. It also involves the diagnosis and removal of oral pathology (disease). Oral surgery also includes the realignment of the facial bones and TMJ treatment. An Oral Surgeon is the specialist who usually performs these procedures. They usually have an additional three to six more years of education than a general dentist.
Our NYC extraction oral surgery patients also have access to top medical care
Moreover our patients have access to our affiliated team of 12 medical doctors in our building. This is because of the known relationship between dental disease and other medical diseases like heart disease and diabetes. We hope to improve your overall health one step at a time.
Oral surgeons perform oral surgery in our practice, not general dentists
Patients are generally better off being treated by specialists. They should see Oral Surgeons for oral surgery. General dentists may be comfortable extracting a tooth but they may not have the knowledge or skills to properly clean out the surrounding infection. Leaving infected granulation tissue in a tooth socket after extraction can result in failure of a dental implant placed there. Similarly, a general dentist may not know when a bone graft is cosmetically needed after tooth extraction. A general dentist may not know which bone graft material is best for a given situation and/or how to properly place it. These are important reasons why you should consider us for any type of NYC extraction oral surgery.
Our oral surgeons have special skills to diagnose and treat oral pathology
There are many different types of oral pathology that need proper diagnosis and treatment. For example, head and neck cancer accounts for 7% of all cancer. Who is diagnosing your oral pathology and what is their level of training beyond their basic degree in dentistry? Similarly, any general dentist can take an impression of teeth and deliver a piece of plastic they call a bite guard or TMJ appliance. Did they first take an x-ray of the TM (temporomandibular) Joint as part of the diagnosis?
Experience our Difference:
- Multi-specialty office with a NYC Extraction Oral Surgery Team of 16 dentists and other specialists
- Nitrous oxide laughing gas is available & an MD anesthesiologist is available for sedation
- Dentistry is integrated with 12 other Medical Doctors for holistic care
- Thoughtful presentation of information & discussion so you choose your care
- Logical treatment plans and multiple treatment options
- More needed extractions can be performed at one time
- Better extractions offer a better long term result for your dental implants
- Bone grafts are logically offered
- Expectations of comfort & aesthetics during and after treatment
- Clear photo documentation demonstrates good diagnosis & treatment
- Master clinicians, military officers & professors offer high-end personalized care
Our NYC extraction oral surgery team approach provides huge benefits to patients
People who need the attention of our NY Oral Surgeon and NYC extraction oral surgery team frequently have other related dental needs as well. At The Center for Special Dentistry® our dental office team approach to diagnosis and treatment planning provides patients the benefit of understanding the complete course of treatment before they begin oral surgery. This team effort may require a little more time and cost for the patient up front but will typically reward them with a clearer understanding of treatment options before they start treatment.
Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman, Director of CSD, has practiced in NYC for over 30 years. He has over twenty years combined professorships at Columbia and NYU dental schools. Many dentists and students visit from around the world to study in with him in New York.
All of the dentistry shown on this 4,400 page website was created by Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman. Visit us when you want it done right the first time; you will save money by initially spending more. Call The Center for Special Dentistry®.
Related Articles:Back to Top
Early detection of oral cancer saves lives
Oral surgery dental implants and teeth extraction
Post operative instructions after oral surgery
Related Dental Photos:
Tooth Extraction Technique, Cavities and Dental Implants.
Wisdom teeth extraction full bony impaction.
Wisdom teeth removal surgery treats gum infection and gum pain.
A bone graft and soft tissue graft closes a dehiscence
Apicoectomy is root canal oral surgery
Crowded impacted teeth need extraction
Dentoalveolar jaw protrusion treated with orthodontics
Dentoalveolar surgery and orthognathic surgery
Extraction of erupted wisdom teeth and pericoronitis
Injury to teeth from falling fighting sports accidents
Oral surgery cases include tongue tied and accidents
Osteonecrosis of the jaw ONJ from bisphosphonates
Panoramic x-rays are full mouth dental radiographs
Photos of wisdom teeth removal or extraction
Second molar tooth decay or cavities near wisdom teeth
Skeletal underbite and prognathic occlusion dental bite
Supernumerary or hyperdontia means extra teeth
The maxillary and mandibular jaw bone and alveolar ridge
Wisdom teeth extraction of an impacted third molar
Wisdom teeth soft tissue impactions can cause gum pain
X-rays and digital radiographs in oral surgery