The Center for Special Dentistry® has brought NYC medical group doctors into our office building. There are seamless introductions and cross referrals. This NYC physician group includes: internal medicine, weight loss medicine, nutritional counseling, sports medicine, pain management (including back, neck and sports injuries) and chiropractic care. In addition, two physical therapists offer physical therapy.
Separately, Addiction Medicine is offered on another floor of our building for the rare patient who needs it. One may obtain help for alcoholism, drug addiction and eating disorders. High-functioning, successful people can sometimes need this help.
- The Center for Special Dentistry is affiliated with another two groups of about 20 other doctors so that I can get a lot of my medical - and dental care - completed during one visit to their midtown New York cosmetic dental office. Wonderful! I It is a unique service that I highly recommend. -- Anonymous, New York NY
- I first went to Dr Dorfman and his NY dental group to treat my troublesome gum disease. Surprisingly, Dr Dorfman recognized that this could be a sign of early diabetes and his medical group confirmed this in various lab tests. I now control my diet without insulin and my gum disease is cured. -- Adriana L., Greenwich Village
- How many New York dental offices have 14 dentists and specialists in one office plus another two dozen affiliated MDs? Go to this office if you are tired of managed care! The office is immaculate yet very welcoming and Jeff will personally walk you up to your other medical visits so you avoid a wait! -- Paul T., NYC
- Dr. Dorfman carefully combines dentistry with your overall health! As a patient in his Manhattan dental practice I have access to a wonderful internal medicine doctor who is a nutritionally-focused weight loss genius and help for my tennis elbow with his PTs and sports medicine doctors. -- tennis player, NY
We have access to the best doctors in New York
We also have close relationships with many other NY MD specialists outside our office building including plastic surgery, cardiology, pulmonology, orthopedics, pediatrics and dermatology. The overall focus of our group is to provide highly personal and exceptional interdisciplinary medical and dental care.
In summary, in our dental practice we take extra time get to know our patients extremely well. This close relationship can become quite important when our patients have other medical needs. We will frequently call the other doctor in our NYC medical group doctors to make a personal referral. It is a valuable respite in an era of increasingly anonymous medicine.
Many NYC medical group doctors and dentists in one place
Holistic dentistry and our NYC medical group doctors benefits our patients because medicine and dentistry are obviously interrelated. For example, periodontal disease has been correlated with both heart disease and diabetes. At CSD we have been performing Oral Microbiology Culture Testing on our advanced periodontal disease patients for 30 years. We refer them for medical diagnosis and care when necessary.
Another patient might have a mouth full of cavities could be highly afraid of dentistry. Perhaps they didn’t see a dentist for a decade. Or they could be battling alcohol or drug addiction; they may need referral to our Addiction Medicine doctors. Obesity can be associated with a higher rate of cavities and diabetes. Nutritional counseling and weight loss management can help. Head and neck cancer comprises seven percent of all cancers. Therefore, we also have a Dental Oncologist on staff.
In Summary experience the difference of our NYC medical group doctors:
- Multi-specialty office with a team of 16 dentists, specialists & porcelain ceramists
- Dentistry is integrated with 12 other NYC medical group doctors for holistic care
- Low volume, highly personalized medical and dental care
- Recommended treatment is logical and honest
- Significant time is available for discussion
- Highly experienced master clinicians, lecturers, military officers & professors
- High-end personalized care includes minimal waiting
Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman, Director of CSD, has practiced in NYC for over 30 years. He has over twenty years combined professorships at Columbia and NYU dental schools. Many dentists and students visit from around the world to study in with him in New York. Dr. Dorfman created all of the dentistry shown on this 4,400 page website. Visit us when you want it done right the first time; you will save money by initially spending more. In conclusion please call The Center for Special Dentistry®.
Related Articles:Back to Top
Chiropractor: Chiropractic Health, Diet, Nutrition & Personal Trainers - Part 1
Chiropractor: Chiropractic Health, Diet, Nutrition & Personal Trainers - Part 2
Chiropractor: Chiropractic Health, Diet, Nutrition & Personal Trainers - Part 3
Chiropractors, Diet and Personal Training
Chiropractors, Health and Nutrition
Dental Health and Eyes
Dental Health and Plastic Surgery
Dental Health and Skin
Dental Health and the Heart
Dental Health, Skin, Eyes, Heart, Plastic Surgery & Internal Medicine