The Center for Special Dentistry in New York NY offers treatment of TMJ problems and the fabrication of various types of bite guards to treat clenching, grinding or bruxism. Your treatment may include one or more members of our team of sixteen dentists, specialists and lab technicians who work together in one office to help with your NYC TMJ bite guards treatment. We offer intelligent and honest diagnosis based upon 31+ years of experience. Our treatment is quick and comfortable. We use the finest materials and top labs.
An explanation of terms from your NYC TMJ bite guards specialists
Many people use similar terms like TMJ, which is an abbreviation for the actual Temporomandibular Joint where most pain is experienced, and TMD, which is an abbreviation for Temporomandibular Disease or Disorder. Regardless, the patient may have acquired a bad habit of grinding or clenching their teeth – and this could be related to improperly fitting dentistry – or instead they may have an unusual shape of their TM joint that is the underlying cause of the disorder. That is why at CSD the diagnosis and treatment of your TMJ may require additional specialists to offer the most logical conservative approach.
- I used to make up in the morning with my jaw hurting. I couldn't eat breakfast until I got to work in midtown Manhattan. Dr. Jeff made something for me that is very comfortable so I wear it every night. No more pain! -- Bernice G., NY
- For many years I used to grind my teeth in the office while reading and especially when I went to the gym to lift weights. I knew it was a habit but I could not control it. I sought out CSD for the expertise and conservative TMJ treatment. I am very happy. -- I grind my teeth, NY
- I live with a lot of daily pressure on Wall Street and evidently my teeth showed what the stress was doing to me. I had significantly broken and/or worn down most of my back teeth so that my front teeth were hitting. Great help from CSD! -- Stephen, NYC
- At work I used to bite pens and pencils worse than what Steph Curry would do to his mouth guard on the court. Dr. Dorfman made a comfortable bite guard for me to wear in my NY office. I highly recommend this practice! -- Harry L., Greenwich, CT
- I learned that my jaw pain could be conservatively controlled without surgery. A different dentist said I needed surgery. I appreciate the help -- and the honesty at CSD. -- Katie B., Manhattan
Our NYC TMJ bite guards patients also have access to top medical care
Moreover our patients have access to our affiliated team of 12 medical doctors in our building. This is because of the known relationship between dental disease and other medical diseases like heart disease and diabetes. We hope to improve your overall health one step at a time.
In summary experience the difference of our midtown NYC TMJ bite guards team:
- Multi-specialty office with a NYC TMJ Bite Guards Team of 16 dentists & specialists
- Comprehensive health care is coordinated with 12 other medical doctors
- Thoughtful presentation of information & discussion
- Logical treatment plans and multiple treatment options
- Treatment time and fees are clearly explained
- Optional cost savings seeing our associate dentists
- Master clinicians, military officers & professors – averaging decades of experience
- High-end personalized care includes minimal waiting
Many of our staff dentists and specialists have teaching appointments or professorships at top NY dental schools. Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman, Director, has over twenty years combined professorships at Columbia and NYU dental schools and is regularly visited by dental students and young dentists from around the world.
The diagnosis of TMJ problems might be quite simple and therefore only require a comfortable thin rubber bite guard. You will likely wear our appliances more than those created elsewhere because of this comfort. And that is important when seeking our midtown NYC TMJ bite guards team.
The diagnosis of more complex TMJ problems may require additional special x-rays like a Panoramic radiograph that can help visualize the joint itself or sometimes our patients will need a CT, otherwise called a CAT scan. This may be needed if, for example, there is a history of traumatic injury that preceded the symptoms.
The level of personalized care and attention to detail will be readily apparent to a new patient. We also have an affiliated team of 12 medical doctors that is accessible to all our patients in addition to our midtown NYC TMJ bite guards dentists and specialists.
All of the dentistry shown on this 4,400 page website was created by Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman. Visit us when you want it done right the first time; you will save money by initially spending more. In conclusion, please call The Center for Special Dentistry®.
Related Articles:Back to Top
Dental occlusion or how teeth bite when closed
TMJ TMD or temporomandibular joint disease
Related Dental Photos:
Anterior open bite and TMJ.
Bite plate or night guard for TMJ bruxism or teeth grinding.
Bruxism grinding jaw clenching and bite plate guards-
Class one occlusion or teeth bite with braces
Class three occlusion or underbite
Class two occlusion or dental bite with braces
Crossbite and underbite
Fremitus is traumatic mobility or vibration upon closing
Night guards for grinding or teeth clenching
Reshape teeth and incisal or occlusal adjustment
Study models diagnostic casts and master models
Temporomandibular or TMJ pain from grinding clenching
Traumatic occlusion and occlusal trauma