More info about our NY dental practice is presented here including thousands of original dental photos, over five dozen academic teaching videos and a library of our other content. In addition we also present our academic teaching programs (including our pre-dental internships and post-dental programs), dental philosophy (yes, we have a unique dental philosophy), dental practice management and health & wellness.
Our creativity and enthusiasm in dentistry doesn’t stop with your treatment. That’s why at The Center for Special Dentistry® we offer Creative Solutions for Complex Dentistry®.
Learn more of how we think and what we think about at our very unusual academic private practice. We have taught dentistry for over thirty years. For over a decade students from both Columbia University and NYU dental schools would spend time in our midtown Manhattan office and receive academic credit towards their graduation requirements. Though now inactive, this program was one of the most sought after electives offered at both of these dental schools. It was also the only program of its kind in New York State. Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman, the Director of The Center for Special Dentistry, created this program to teach students very high-end dentistry. Furthermore it provided dentistry to patients who otherwise could not have afforded it. Students were able to learn how to diagnose and provide treatment focused on high-end dental care. Repeat, this program is now inactive.
The dental philosophy behind this academic teaching private practice remains such that our patients become highly educated collaborators involved in understanding and choosing their own dental care.
- Sorry, but happily I don't have any gory dental stories to tell. Just good dentistry. Honest and intelligent too. I recommend Jeff Dorfman and think he is an excellent NY dentist. -- Debbie Ryan, New York
- About ten years ago I had a lot of multi-specialty cosmetic dentistry performed - over about 18 months - at The Center for Special Dentistry. I began quite close with Jeff Dorfman, his specialists and the interns. They are good people and I recommend them. -- Cosmetic Dentistry patient, New York, NY
- I have been a patient for about 25 years. Jeff is a wonderful New York dentist and my friend. I highly recommend him. -- Paula, New York
- I highly recommend The Center for Special Dentistry. I've had no problems with the work performed for me over 15 years ago. Great staff too. -- Thomas, NY
Teaching Private Practice
Health and Wellness
In brief experience the difference of our New York dentist team:
- Multi-Specialty group practice with a New York dental team of 16 dentists, specialists & ceramists
- Dentistry is integrated with 12 other medical doctors to offer comprehensive health care
- Discussion about treatment time, fees & choices
- Discussion about comfort & aesthetics during and after treatment
- Clear photodocumentation confirms expert of diagnosis & treatment
- Master clinicians, military officers & professors offer personalized care