Root canal therapy is not painful when properly performed. Our Root Canal team includes 16 cosmetic dentists, specialists (including two Endodontists) and lab ceramists in one high-end midtown Manhattan office. Our NY Endodontist works to high standards to keep you comfortable and to do it right the first time. We usually complete our NYC root canal therapy in one office visit in about one hour. In short, we have endodontists, root canal specialists, on staff who are experienced with many times of tooth pain.
Many of our patients prefer nitrous oxide laughing gas to make the time pass more quickly. In addition an MD-anesthesiologist offers several options for dental sedation. It is your choice when scheduled in advance. As a result of all the above we are able to offer quick and comfortable root canal therapy.
- Root canal therapy without pain? Who heard of such a thing? I can tell you that I visited Jeff with a really bad toothache and his Endodontist got rid of that pain in one visit. It is not inexpensive but worth it. I love this NYC dental office and go for cosmetic dentistry too! -- T. Connolly, Manhattan
- Three root canals were performed by the NY root canal specialist in one day & I was fine. I went back to treat two two other teeth that had bad root canals performed elsewhere. The sensitivity I had was finally gone! Good music & laughing gas. -- Hiram, New York
- A friend referred me to The Center for Special Dentistry in New York NY for a lot of porcelain crowns, porcelain veneers and root canal therapy. I must say it was a very good experience. I recommend this dental office and Professor Dorfman quite highly. It is a very professional group. -- Ian, Zurich
- Best root canal specialist in New York or shall I now say Endodontist? I've learned more about dentistry in the past six months at The Center for Special Dentistry than in the past thirty years living in Manhattan and visiting other New York dentists. Go for good dentistry. -- Debbie, New York NY
Our NYC Root Canal for Tooth Pain patients also have access to top medical care
Moreover our patients have access to our affiliated team of 12 medical doctors in our building. This is because of the known relationship between dental disease and other medical diseases like heart disease and diabetes. We hope to improve your overall health one step at a time.
Our NYC Root Canal treatment is comfortable
Root canal therapy has a bad reputation for two reasons: 1) People frequently wait too long after tooth pain begins before they seek treatment and 2) Many general dentists, and high-volume endodontists, don’t perform root canal therapy particularly well. Patients should ask to see the final x-ray following root canal therapy. They should learn to differentiate good root canal therapy from one that will likely need root canal retreatment or extraction later. Sadly, that happens a lot.
This x-ray below is an example of really bad root canal therapy. The root canal filling (arrows 3, 4 & 10) does not extend to the end of the tooth root (arrows 5, 6 & 11). 7) & 8) Radiographic evidence of an active root canal infection in the jaw. Pain in this tooth was the reason for this new patient visit. 9) A poor-fitting prefabricated post. The molar tooth on the left will likely need extraction and replacement with a dental implant and new crown because the three posts appear to block access to all three canals. The premolar tooth on the right will need root canal retreatment, a new post, possible gum surgery and a new crown.
Before and After X-rays of NY root canal for Tooth Pain Management.
In summary, experience the difference of our NYC Root Canal team:
- Multi-specialty office with a NYC Root Canal Tooth Pain Team of 16 dentists, specialists & ceramists
- Root canal therapy is performed by an endodontist root canal specialist
- Nitrous oxide laughing gas is available & an MD anesthesiologist is available for sedation
- Twelve additional medical doctors offer comprehensive medical care
- Benefits of root canal therapy will be explained
- Logical treatment plans and multiple treatment options
- A clear discussion of treatment time & fees
- Expectations of comfort during and after treatment
- Post-op X-xay confirms the quality of endodontics
- Master clinicians, military officers & professors with decades of experience
- High-end personalized care includes minimal waiting
Each patient visit is scheduled with extra time to offer the finest in personalized care
The group effort is first class and the fees are correspondingly high-end. This website contains over 4,400 pages of exclusive dental information created by New York cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman.. Most of this information is within the Dental Photos and Library sections. Dr. Dorfman has been practicing dentistry in midtown Manhattan for over thirty years. He uniquely maintained simultaneous professorships at Columbia and NYU dental schools for a combined twenty years.
Our practice focus is to offer comprehensive cosmetic dentistry – including NYC Root Canal – quickly and comfortably. When necessary we also offer many options to reduce dental phobia including Behavior Modification and Relaxation, Nitrous Oxide laughing gas, Medication and/or Intravenous IV sedation. We also have an MD anesthesiologist available.
All of the dentistry shown on this 4,400 page website was created by Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman. Visit us when you want it done right the first time; you will save money by initially spending more. In conclusion, please call The Center for Special Dentistry®.
Related Articles:Back to Top
About root canal therapy or endodontics--
Apicoectomy, root canal oral surgery
Related Dental Photos:
Root canal tooth pain treatment is also known as endodontics.
NYC endodontist team teaches good root canal obturation with gutta percha.
Reversible and irreversible dental nerve pulpitis.
Endodontic access into the tooth nerve pulp during root canal-
Endodontics is needed for root canal pain infection--
Calcification in teeth nerves blocks root canal therapy---
Endodontic retreatment by a root canal specialist---
A tooth abscess from infection causes pain or swelling
A broken tooth may be chipped cracked or fractured
A fistula gum boil or pimple from a periapical abscess
A tooth abscess gum boil oral fistula and pus
Abscess infection treatment for a gum boil or fistula
Cleaning and shaping in root canal or endodontics
Combined root canal and gum problems
Direct pulp cap nerve exposure and pulpitis
Endodontic root canal therapy tray set up
Mouth pain from tooth root canal gum or jaw
Pain relief treatment cure control or medicine
Prophylactic endodontics means optional vital root canal
Pulpotomy is emergency tooth pain nerve treatment
Radiographs of root canal or endodontic healing
Root canal infection causes a periapical abscess or pain
Root canal infection causes pain swelling and abscess
Root canal therapy treats tooth pain and infection
Symptoms diagnosis and treatment of internal resorption
The tooth nerve is called the dental pulp
Tooth pain in odontology or stomatology
X-rays of root canal therapy include PA radiographs