Smitha Sanigarapu – NYU College of Dentistry Honors Elective in Private Practice
1. Pursuing final year Doctor of Dental Surgery from New York University College of Dentistry – DDS in May 2010.
2. Pursuing Masters in Health Administration from University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, USA.
3. Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S) from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, India with a GPA of 3.74.
4. Organized and participated in many free Treatment/Diagnostic Health Camps in rural & urban areas in the backward portion of the state of Karnataka, India.
5. First class with Distinction in Intermediate.
6. Distinction in High School Examinations.
7. Participated and won prizes and awards in different kinds of sports such as Shuttle Badminton, Chess, and Table Tennis in Inter School, Zonal Competitions.
8. Participated and won prizes in extra-curricular activities such as Elocution and Essay Writing competitions held at State, Zonal and School level competitions.
9. Won Merit Certifications in various competitive examinations held at National, State, Zonal and Inter School level competitions.
Seminars, Presentations and Workshops attended
1. Presented a peer review paper on “ Effect of topical fluoride gels and solutions in reducing dental caries” as a part of course work during Masters in Health Services Administration in University of Detroit Mercy, Michigan, USA
2. Published a newspaper article titled “A look on effective health care” in “HAYAT TIMES” a newspaper in India comparing the healthcare systems in India and USA.
3. Presented papers and seminars as a part of Course work during Masters in Health Services Administration, Detroit and Bachelors of Dental Surgery, India.
4. Participated and Assisted in writing for a HRSA grant proposal for McAuley Health center.
5. Attended National dental conference by Indian Dental Association held at Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India.
6. Attended Continued Dental Education Program on Aesthetic dentistry and modern trends in Periodontology.
1. One year rotatory internship at A.M.E.’s Dental College Hospital.
2. Worked part time and observed, Dr.Manjula Reddy, a pedodontist and a private practtioner.
3. Observed and worked part time with Dr.Amar Varma, a private practitioner, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and an assistant professor at Raichur.
4. Worked full time with Dr.Bhupathi Reddy, an orthodontist and a pediatric dentist at Hyderabad.
5. Worked as a Graduate Assistant at McAuley Health Center, Detroit, Michigan.
5. Worked as a Research Assistant and Teaching assistant at University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, Michigan.
6. Observership at faculty practice at University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry.
Community Field Work
1. Participated and organized many free, diagnostic and treatment camps Sponsored by lions club international, Indian Dental Association, Colgate Palmolive India Limited, Sai oral foundation and AME’s dental college.
2. Participated in various school teacher awareness and school health education programs.
3. Participated in “ Sai Oral Health foundation” organized by Mr.A.S Narayana, for the betterment of flourosis effected Nalgonda and medak district.
4. Participated in “Smile Train” campaign for screening cleft lip and cleft palate patients.
5. Participated in “SCOPE” (Society for cancer in oral cavity prevention and eradication) campaign.
1. Operating Systems: Windows XP Pro/2000, Windows 95/98
2. Databases: MS Access, SPSS software
3. Other tools: MS-Office
1. Member of ADA and ASDA
2. Member of Andhra Pradesh State Dental Association
3. Member of Karnataka State Dental Association
4. Member of Indian Dental Association