D-4 student at NYUCD – Honors Elective in Private Practice
Externship – Center for Special Dentistry, NYUCD Intern, NY, 08/2008 to current
Student Dental Doctor – NYUCD, NY – 06/2006 to current
- Gaining proficiency in all general dentistry procedures including restorative procedures, extractions, S/RP, crown/bridge, RPDs, RCT, uncomplicated periodontal surgery and cosmetic dentistry.
- Volunteer in periodontal department, observed and assisted residents in various periodontal surgeries including implant placements
- Performed intra-oral and extra-oral examination of the head, neck and oral cavity through inspection and palpation and implementing oral hygiene instructions
Volunteer in Oral Cancer Screening Program – 19th April 2008
OKU member 2008 (Top 20 percent of class)
Dental Assistant, Unity Dental (2003-2006)
- Provided assistance with general procedures such as crown/bridge, root canals, bondings, fillings, extractions, and oral surgery.
- Booked patients’ appointments, autoclaved instruments and took radiographs
Bindra Dental Clinic, Ludhiana, India (2002-2003)
- Provided operative, endodontic, periodontic, prosthodontics and oral surgical services to the patients. Arranged dental camps in rural areas to reinforce dental awareness.
New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY, 07/06-Present
- Doctor of Dental Surgery
Govt Dental College, Patiala, India, 07/97- 03/02
- Bachelor of Dental Sciences and Surgery
- BDS, Punjab, India
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Taking extra –credit course in implantology (by Dr Tarnow)
- American Student Dental Association
- Implant Study Group at New York University
- American Dental Education Association.
Skills & Interests:
- Fluent in Hindi, Punjabi; Microsoft Word,
- reading, traveling, watching TV (National Geographic and History Channel)