Garrett is now attending The NY College of Podiatric Medicine.
CUNY Hunter: Currently attending
- Pre-Dental / Post-Baccalaureate
- Maintaining 4.0 GPA
University of California, Irvine, MFA (2005)
- Graduated High Honors
- Awarded Fee Fellowship
Chapman University, Orange, CA, BA (2000)
- Graduated with Departmental Honors
- Awarded Departmental Scholarship
Palomar College, San Marcos, CA, AA (1998)
- Alliance for Lupus Research – Accounting Assistant, New York, NY 2006
- Responsible for Maintaining database using E-Tapestry and Convio regarding corporate/private donations. Prepared daily accounts sheet. Updated donation addresses. Assisted in creating a new position within the Alliance for Lupus Research Organization.
- American Ballet Theatre – Training Programs Assistant, New York, NY 2005-2006
- Multi-tasked in a high pressure team environment to effectively create and implement Training program goals. Initiated communications with potential partners for future program development.Organized travel details (air and ground transportation) and hotel arrangements for both the ABT Studio Company and the National Audition Tour. Ensured requisite materials were available at the travel destination. Worked with on-site staff to foster current and future business relationships.
- Research Specialist, University of California, Irvine 2005
- In charge of organizing and designing content for the UCI faculty website. Editing metadata on photographs to accurately reflect subject matter. Other tasks involved restructuring archived video footage, creating a labeling system that allowed easy access to research materials, and updating records for continuity.
- University Assistant, University of California, Irvine 2005
- Arts Core – Assistant for a lower division arts division course designed to raise the question “What is Art?” Lecture topics encompass all (western) art forms while introducing the students to the various philosophies and styles art has undergone during our human development.
- Management at Starbucks Coffee in Southern California, 1996-2003:
- Created and Implemented educational store programs for superior employees. Responsible for Scheduling, Training, and Coordinating Employees throughout the Southern California Area. Increased Profitability through proper labor management. Recipient of the Bravo Pin Award in Orange County (April, 1999) in recognition of Professionalism, High Standards, and Integrity.
- California Forum for Diversity in Graduate Education 2004
- California State University, Channel Islands
- Panelist/Presenter for the Fine and Performing Arts
“The Art of Digital Video Choreography” ©2005, Contained in the Langson Library, University of California, Irvine.
- Using Video Editing Software to create new artwork from disparate video clips. Research may be used to facilitate the creation of Video Teaching Aids for Dental Schools.