Alina Lukashevsky, DDS
While at NYU College of Dentistry, Alina participated in an Honors Elective in Private Practice within our office.
Residency: GP Resident at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center (2008)
New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY, DDS degree, (2007)
Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, Bachelor of Science in Biology, (2003)
Research paper “Sperm Sex Selection with Microsort and PGD; is it Ethical?”
Parkway West High, St. Louis, MO, (1999), NHS, Scholar Athlete, Honor Roll
• Jamaica Dental Outreach, (January 2007)
Was chosen to travel to Jamaica with Healthcare International Organization, to provide care to underserved Jamaican citizens. Provided basic and emergency dental care for children and adults in atypical conditions. Set up dental clinics inside churches and schools, to which people traveled to receive dental care from surrounding towns. Was able to work in teams to provide the most necessary and efficient treatment for the patients.
• Honors Program in General Dentistry with Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman and Dr. Marc Wolff, New York, NY, (2006-2007)
Worked with Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman in his private practice. Learned clinical and diagnostic skills, business management, and legal aspects of the dental profession.
National Board Dental Examination certified
Trauma I emergency care trained, Invisilign certified, treatment of pediatric patients, space maintenance, mouth guards, treatment of medically complex patients, oral surgery experience, alveloplasty, tori removal, perio surgery, gingivectomy, crown lengthening, rotary endodontics, Procera, Lava, PFM crown restorations, fixed and removable bridge work, implant restoration, TMJ disorder treatment, bleaching, diagnosis and treatment planning, composite bonding, amalgam restorations, scaling and root planning, dentures, temporary dentures/flippers, health promotion.
Computer Skills: All Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office and all related applications, Dentrix, Digital X-Ray software
Native language Russian, Basic Spanish
• Clinic representative for Clinic 4CD – B (2005 – 2007)
Served as a communicator between the students in the clinic and faculty, staff, and administration of NYUCD. Presented issues and possible solutions to Chair of Department of Cariology and Comprehensive Care in monthly meetings. Worked closely with the Manager and Director of the clinic.
• First Year Mentor for the NYUCD Student Council Mentor Program
Mentored and guided students in the Class of 2009 to help them succeed in dental school. Met to discuss other concerns and upcoming challenges
• Dr. Tracy Portnoff Boston, MA (2002 – 2003)
Shadowed Dr. Portnoff once a week in her private office
• Lace Tutoring/ESL (2001 – 2003)
Tutored and communicated with immigrant middle school children to help them assimilate to their new lifestyle in a safe and fun atmosphere
• American Dental Association (2003 – present)
• American Student Dental Association (2003 – present)
• UJA Young Healthcare Division (2007 – present)
• Brandeis University Alumni Association (2003 – present)
• Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority Alumni (2003 – present)
• Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity (2003 – 2007)
Interests: Tennis, Theater, Travel