Amina is now attending Columbia University Dental School. She is a former Associate Chief of Staff at The Center for Special Dentistry.
Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, September 2007 – August 2009
- B.S. in Biochemistry. Biology (Organisms to Ecosystems, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Cellular and Organ Physiology, Intro Bio Lab I & II, Cell Biology, Microbiology, General Genetics), Chemistry (Organic Chemistry II, Inorganic Chemistry, Biochemistry I, Biochemistry II, Biochemistry Laboratory, Physical Chemistry I, Periodontal Research)
Queens College, Flushing, NY, September 2005 – August 2007
- Majored in Chemistry. Biology (Principle of Biology I), Chemistry (General Chemistry and Lab I & II, Organic Chemistry I), Physics (General Physics and Lab I), Mathematics (Calculus I, Calculus II, Calculus III)
- Dean’s List, Honors in the Mathematical & Natural Sciences
Receptionist/Rehabilitation Clinic, Elmhurst United Medical P.C., Queens, NY, June 2008 – September 2009
- Welcomed patients, communicated with staffs, answered phones and responded to fax inquiries
- Created, updated and maintained both electronic and paper based patient database
- Ensured all co-payment and insurance charges are prepared properly and charged timely
- Contacted patients and insurance companies on a daily basis
Volunteer/Center for Dental and Oral Medicine, New YorkHospital, Queens, Fresh Meadows, NY, May 2007 – August 2007
- Prepared and arranged instruments, meditations, and required materials
- Assisted dentists in all procedures including oral evacuations and mouth/tongue retractions
- Exposed taking, developing and arranging dental x-rays
- Sterilized instruments, maintained dental equipment in good and clean condition at all times
Volunteer/Geriatrics Department, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, June 2006 – August 2007
- Observed patients and reported meaningful symptomatic behavior to professional staff
- Engaged in mobilized activities with patients
- Influenced patients’ treatment by offering emotional support
- Received HELP (Hospital Elderly Life Program) volunteer award
Volunteer/Emergency Department, New YorkHospitalQueens, Flushing, NY, September 2006 – August 2007
- Responsible for collecting and organizing patients’ documents
- Trained to handle basic medical tasks
- Visited patients in treatment areas to provide practical assistance and comfort
- Received NYHQ volunteer award
Sales Associate/Clothing Store, Strawberry, New York, NY, April 2005 – August 2005
- Received, priced, and stocked shelves for new goods.
- Assisted with inventory and cooperated with the decision making.
- Provided customer services and information.
Stony Brook University, School of Dental Medicine, September 2008 – August 2009
- Summer research under the guidance of Dr. Lourdes Collazo. The aim of the study is to establish the link between nanoparticles such as titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, iron oxide and osteoblast biomineralization. Work experience in hemocytometer, maintaining and preparing of tissue culture cells from mouse species for examination under light microscope, growth curve analysis.
Stony Brook University, School of Dental Medicine, January 2009 – June 2009
- Term-time research under the guidance of Dr. Baljit Moonga and Dr. Ravi Jotwani. Research study on Porphyromonas gingivalis and its correlation to inflammatory responses and bone loss.
Pre-Dental Society/Stony Brook University, August 2007 – May 2010
- Participated in meetings and received information on dental school admissions process
- Attended lectures with guest dentists and learned about the different fields of dentistry
Culinary Club/Stony Brook University, Cultural Committee Chair, August 2007 – May 2009
- Taught members about the diversity of cuisines
- Organized meetings and attended panels to learn about healthy diet
Intramural Athletics Program/Stony Brook University, August 2007 – May 200
- Actively participated in a variety of intramural sports such as volleyball and badminton