NY teeth whitening in our dental office is based upon over 31+ years of experience in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Dentistry. Our Teeth Whitening team includes 16 cosmetic dentists, specialists and lab ceramists in one high-end midtown Manhattan office. Our focus is offering the maximum whitening benefit safely and effectively while also considering other aesthetic needs. This requires knowledge and experience. We only offer in-office teeth whitening.
In-office NYC teeth whitening bleaching is more time-consuming for the dentist to perform than making home whitening trays. In addition Crest Whitestrips don’t offer professional control over color. However office whitening offers much more effective results, greater safety and a big time savings for the patient. For clarification, teeth whitening and teeth bleaching are synonymous.
We offer intelligent and honest diagnosis based upon 31+ years of experience. Our treatment is quick and comfortable. Nitrous oxide laughing gas is available. We use the finest materials and top labs.
- I now have the Whitest Teeth in New York! Love it. Dr. Dorfman has been a dental school professor in NYC for over 20 years so he faces the additional challenge of offering intelligent and honest recommendations to his patients. Really a great result! -- David Bernstein, New York City
- I went to see Dr Dorfman bc my teeth were very yellow and I was getting married in a few months. I had a great result after three visits of teeth whitening in his NY dental office and I didn't have to wear anything at home. Two of my friends went to him too. -- Karen Stova, NYC
- I went to this office bc I did not want to wear the teeth whitening trays at home that my prior dentist recommended. I learned from Jeff that professional teeth whitening in the office takes more chair time for the dentist and that is why many dentists don't offer it. -- Sara B., New York NY
- I went to Dr D in midtown Manhattan to whiten my teeth bc it saved me sooo much time before my wedding. One of my bridesmaids went to see him the week before my wedding after she gave up on using a home whitening kit another dentist gave her. -- a happy Mrs C., New York
Compare teeth whitening to bonding, porcelain veneers and porcelain crowns
There are several ways to make your teeth whiter: Bonding, Porcelain Veneers (Laminates), Porcelain Crowns (Caps) and Teeth Whitening. Whitening involves changing the color of the tooth itself. No dental material is left on the teeth after a whitening visit. Bonding, porcelain veneers and porcelain crowns all involve permanently leaving a dental material on the visible sides of a tooth. Bonding is a plastic. Veneers and crowns are porcelain. Porcelain is usually nicer than plastic. At CSD the method of teeth whitening is carefully considered based upon each patient’s specific dental condition and cosmetic requirements. Only natural tooth structure responds to whitening so people should seek an experienced Cosmetic Dentist for whitening. Furthermore whiter teeth may cause your old porcelain crowns, veneers and/or bonding to look fairly yellow in comparison. Our knowledge and experience considers your personal treatment plan.
In brief experience the difference of our NYC teeth whitening bleaching team:
- Multi-specialty cosmetic dentistry office with a NYC teeth whitening bleaching team of 16 dentists, specialists & ceramists
- In-office whitening is much more effective and saves patient time
- What type of whitening will work best for you? Why?
- Why not use trays or Whitestrips at home?
- How white can your teeth get?
- How will teeth whitening affect your existing porcelain & bonding?
- Master clinicians, military officers & professors – experience you need
- Optional cost savings seeing our associates
- High-end personalized care includes minimal waiting & access to doctors
Professional in-office teeth whitening gets faster results than home whitening trays or Whitestrips
Office whitening is preferable to home NYC teeth whitening bleaching because of the fast results and patient convenience. One main reason for the better results is the duration of time that the whitening agent is in direct contact with the teeth. Patients typically come in for one or several forty-five minute appointments depending upon the amount of color change desired. The whitening agent is applied directly to the teeth while a lip retractor holds the lips away from the teeth and a suction drains excess saliva. There are no shots or drilling. Patients will commonly relax with Nitrous Oxide gas and music during the procedure. Significant color change is frequently apparent after the first visit.
In contrast a patient must wear home whitening trays or Whitestrips several hours a day for several months. If you think about it, most of the bleaching gel in the home whitening tray is pushed out of the tray – and swallowed – when you put the tray on your teeth.
Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman, Director, has practiced in NYC for over 30 years. He has over twenty years combined professorships at Columbia and NYU dental schools. Many dentists and students visit from around the world to study with him in New York.
Beware of the “Laser Light” hype
Many companies falsely promote the benefits of using laser light and/or their own special brand of light to increase NYC teeth whitening bleaching. Actual scientific research shows no added benefit. The only factors that increase teeth whitening are the chemistry of the whitening agent, the duration that the agent is in contact with the teeth, and the skill and experience of the Cosmetic Dentist. We offer intelligent New York teeth whitening from experienced cosmetic dentists without the hype.
In conclusion Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman created all of the dentistry shown on this 4,400 page website. In brief we offer intelligent & honest diagnosis and better NYC teeth whitening office bleaching results for our patients. Visit us when you want it done right the first time; you will save money by initially spending more. Therefore please call The Center for Special Dentistry®.
Related Articles:Back to Top
New York Teeth Whitening - Tooth Bleaching is synonymous.
Post operative info after teeth whitening or bleaching
Related Dental Photos:
NY Professional Teeth Whitening for Yellow or Gray Teeth.
Teeth Whitening for Dark or Black Teeth after Root Canal.
Stains on teeth and a dark shade from tooth decay
Whitening teeth for coffee stains or tobacco stains
Professional teeth whitening in office