The Center for Special Dentistry® (CSD) has a large team of dentists and specialists offering low-volume and highly personal dentistry. Some of our patients have an aversion to dentistry but many don’t. Regardless, our NYC Dental Phobia Management team takes the time you need to be comfortable. This makes private practice fun for us – and better for our patients. We offer unique New York dental fear phobia management techniques for comfortable dentistry that include:
- Pain Control with gentle dental anesthesia during visits
- Appropriate pain medication after office visits
- Dental anxiety reduction with behavioral therapy
- Medication is offered when necessary including Nitrous Oxide Laughing Gas & Dental Sedation including IV sedation
- Realistic treatment plans and time/action calendars based upon individual patient needs
- We provide emotional support and NYC Dental Phobia Management
- I used to suffer from such fear of the dentist that I wouldn't have written this review. Seriously, Jeff Dorfman is a gem. I have read where he teaches dental phobia treatment techniques worldwide. He's an honest and caring NYC dentist who could not be more gentle. GO TO HIM! -- Rodney R., New York NY
- As a child I had to go to a really mean dentist who hurt me and didn't seem to care. Jeff took a lot of time to work with me to make me emotionally and physically comfortable in his office and in his dental chair. I cannot imagine a more gentle NY dentist, gentle genius. He's great. -- Karen, Alpine
- I've been going to Jeff for about 20 years. His NY dental practice is very focused on taking care of each person, one at a time. I know he has over 20 years of professorships between Columbia & NYU and he's always teaching too. Very gentle, caring person who gave me control over the whole experience. -- L. Gillespie, New York NY
- I am a middle-aged adult male, senior Wall Street executive and former division 1 college lacrosse player. So why was I so afraid of the dentist? Jeff helped me understand why and then worked with me to overcome my dental fear. I highly recommend seeing him for dental phobia in New York or anywhere. -- Larry, Wall Street NY
Professionally and/or physically powerful people frequently need assistance with Dentist Fear Management. This is because of their difficulty in giving up control over a sensitive part of their body. We have found that C suite executives and professional athletes are significantly more afraid of dentistry than various control groups. Men are usually much more likely to be afraid of a dentist than a woman. Therefore we give our patients the personalized care and control they need to feel comfortable.
Our NYC Dental Phobia Management program offers extra time to talk and be comfortable
New patients may consult with several of our cosmetic dentists and specialists to discover their specific dental condition and reduce their fear of dentistry. Our teaching private practice is very academically-focused. We leave extra time to make our patients feel comfortable. We clearly explain our diagnosis and recommended treatment in an unhurried manner. Phobic patients will learn about their dental condition and understand the benefits and risks of treatment. They will understand various treatment options including treatment time and cost, and methods for fear/pain control, before treatment begins. We typically photodocument our dentistry to provide our patients an understanding of their dental treatment.
Experience the difference of our NYC dental phobia management team:
- Multi-Specialty Office with a NYC Dental Phobia Management Team of 16 Dentists, Specialists & Ceramists
- Multi-Specialty Diagnosis integrated with 12 other Medical Doctors for Holistic Care
- Thoughtful Presentation of Information & Discussion so You Chose Your Care
- You have time to be comfortable because we don’t rush
- A Clear Understanding of Treatment Time, Fees & Choices
- Optional Costs Savings Seeing Our Associates
- We publish and teach the comfort methods we offer to our patients
- Clear Photodocumentation Confirms Quality of Diagnosis & Treatment
- Master Clinicians, Military Officers & Professors – Each Averaging 30 Years of Experience
- High-End Personalized Care Includes Minimal Waiting & Access to Doctors
We seek the most difficult and challenging cases in dentistry and publish innovative solutions
This dental information website contains over 4,400 pages of original content including a Color Photo Atlas of Dentistry and Library. Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman is the NY dental phobia dentist who created this website. It is one of the most comprehensive dental websites in the world. Please use it as a resource for many of your questions. Dr. Dorfman has over twenty years combined professorships at Columbia and NYU dental schools. Dental students and young dentists visit to study from around the world. Visit us when you want it done right the first time; you will save money by initially spending more.
Our NYC Dental Phobia Management is perfect for dental phobic people from NY or around the world
Dr. Dorfman teaches dental students from around the world the method of how to deliver the most gentle dental shot or Novocaine injection. A typical dental office tends to see a much higher volume of patients. They do not have extra time to devote to each patient. We offer Nitrous Oxide laughing gas or other medication so patients relax and lose track of time. In addition Intravenous IV Sedation is available to patients who need it.
We start a Novocaine injection with the narrowest needle possible. If a wider, longer needle is necessary then it will not be used until after the patient is already numb in that area. The actual injection of the Novocaine into the patient is delivered very slowly. This is because many people experience pain from a sudden large volume of injected Novocaine. We offer highly personalized care.
We give Novocaine injections differently
CSD offers many different types of Novocaine because some people may not get numb with the more common brands but will respond quite well to the lesser known – but more expensive brands. The amount of numbness achieved for dentistry can vary tremendously because of the different chemistry of the different brands. Novocaine is a commonly known brand and so many people incorrectly think that all dental anesthetic is the same.
Some areas of the mouth, like directly under the nose or the palate, are much more sensitive to dental injections. In these cases CSD dentists will start the application of Novocaine in a less sensitive area first and give it time to get numb. Then a series of smaller injections will lead to the sensitive area but always remaining within the leading edge of the anesthetized gums. This results in a patient feeling minimal discomfort during injection in very sensitive areas of the mouth. This technique requires extra time and the desire & skill to offer pain free dentistry.
We give our patients time to get numb before we start to work
Sometimes it is appropriate to wait five or ten minutes between injections; sometimes a patient may need 15 – 20 minutes for their teeth and gums to become fully numb. All of this takes time and cannot be offered in an insurance dental office. Insurance offices work on volume. They have to put a new patient in the same chair every thirty minutes. The extra time and supply costs we incur are worth the difference in patient comfort. Once the patient is comfortably numb then our multi-specialty team of cosmetic dentists, reconstructive dentists, dental specialists and master laboratory technicians work together in one office to offer a dramatic phase 1 smile makeover in one visit.
At CSD we focus on Personalized, Comfortable Dentistry right in the heart of NYC. We provide the finest NYC Dental Phobia Management. All of the dentistry shown on this 4,400 page website was created by Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman. Visit us when you want it done right the first time; you will save money by initially spending more. Call The Center for Special Dentistry®.
Related Articles:Back to Top
Cosmetic dental rehabilitation for a cross bite and fear
Dental fear and dentist phobia caused by helplessness
Oral rehabilitation for dental fear patient in one visit
Understanding treatment of dental fear phobia anxiety
Related Dental Photos:
Addiction dentistry treatment for drug and alcohol abuse
Allergic reaction to dental anesthetics like novocaine
Before and after smile makeover photos of dental fear
Dental X-rays and radiographs in diagnosis and treatment
How to give gentle local anesthesia shots or injections
Nitrous oxide laughing gas helps dental relaxation
People who are afraid of dentistry need gentle care
Sedation dentistry offers treatment for dental anxiety
12 Ways To Differentiate Good vs Bad Dentistry: Part 1
Dentistry for Dentist Fear Dental Phobia
Good vs. Bad Dentistry. Part 8. Time & Novocaine.
Good vs. Bad Dentistry. Part 9. Specialists.
Why we don't offer Lumineers Porcelain Veneers
Why we don't offer Snap-on Smile