Pictures of Dentistry and Dental Procedures

The thousands of pictures on have been created for educational purposes
by Dr. Jeffrey Dorfman, Director of The Center for Special Dentistry.

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Finder

Crown Impression tray Set-Up

Click on the small photos below to enlarge.
Image Photo Description
Crown Impression tray Set-Up, single crown remover, reverse mallet, alginate impression, Triple Tray Crown Impression Set-Up - Instruments Required: 1. Basic Materials 2. Floss 3. Single Crown Remover 4. Jet Bite (Dispenser and Tip) "Yellow bite" 5. Vaseline 6. Light Body Permadyne (Dispenser and Tip) "blue impression material" May Also Require: 1. Impregum 2. Alginate impression material with a mixing bowl and a spatula 3. Basic Instruments 4. Triple Tray/Quadrants/Full Arch disposable trays


 Information about these dental photos

     In medicine and dentistry "left" and "right" are based upon the orientation of the patient's body and not how they appear in a photograph of a smile.  For example, a reference to the upper left teeth will actually appear to be on the right side when viewing a picture of the face and similarly an upper right tooth will appear to be on the left side.

     Many words in dentistry like oral and mouth have a similar meaning and are frequently used together to help our readers find specific words they best understand.  This is particularly important because a majority of our visitors are from countries where English is not their primary language.  Maxilla or maxillary refer to the upper jaw.  Mandible or mandibular refer to the lower jaw.

     There are many other similar word combinations used throughout this website because our pages are read by patients and dentists.  A few of the most common are discussed here.  Tooth decay, tooth cavity and dental caries all mean the same thing.  Tooth, teeth and dental are also frequently interchanged as in teeth veneers or dental veneer laminate.  Oral rehabilitation and dental reconstruction mean smile makeover.  The word for x-ray may be used with or without a hyphen (this is true for other words too) and can also be called a radiograph.